The 15 Oct 2021 meeting was held at Mellow Mink Brewing, beginning at 6:30. In attendance were:
– Mick (pres)
– Mike (vp)
– New Justin
– Scott (prospective member)
Lots of good homebrews were shared. The following topics were discussed…
Hot Sauce: We’re producing more hot sauce than we’re likely to move at the brewfests. We’ll be looking for other types of events to take sauces to.
Collaboration with Mount Gretna Craft Brewery: This is in the early planning stage. Some tentative features…
– Use the club’s sack of Deer Creek “Dutch” Malt, and possibly some other ingredients (TBD) donated by the club if needed
– Probably a Czech Dark Lager
– Club members will participate in brewing
– Mt. Gretna to donate “X” amount of sales per pint to a charity, possibly Speranza Animal Rescue
– Brad will discuss at Mt. Gretna
– Mike will contact Deer Creek and see if they would like to be involved
Winter Brewfest: This would be a small winter-time Brewfest to be held at Mount Gretna (or elsewhere). It would include the club and a small number of other breweries. It might feature cask ales.
Next Two Meetings:
– Thursday October 28th, 6:30, location TBD. Educational meeting. Topic: Recipe Design. If anyone would like to volunteer to put together the presentation, please let Mick know.
– Friday Nov 12th, 6:30, Brad’s House. Social Meeting.