January 9, 2015 at 2:38 pm #526tjsopcakParticipant
We welcomed Matt Bucknell to this past meeting and look forward to his delicious concoctions.
During the meeting on Jan 8th, 2015, we had discussed the upcoming meeting schedule which currently looks like:
– Jan 22nd – Educational meeting at Scotzin Bros. with Zach Ziegler from Molly Pitcher Brewing Co. being our special guest for a Q & A session. We will also have a blind tasting and judging of the Roggenbier that Brian Keeney and Tim Sopcak both brewed.
– Feb 5th – Social meeting. Brad is reaching out to the Warwick Hotel hoping to coordinate a social event for us there.
– Feb 19th – I simply cant recall whether anything had been declared for this meeting so please chime in.
– March 5th – Educational meeting. Mike Ross and Chris Harvey plan to serve their Kolsch which they brewed for the head to head competition. Tim Sopcak will hold a short presentation of changes to BJCP guidelines in accordance with the current 2014 DRAFT. Unsure of location so please chime in if it was declared.
The club also discussed a few significant items to be pursued and paid for with club money.
1. Club incorporation and insurance through AHA club insurance group plan. Brian Martin has undertaken this for the club. Thanks Brian
2. Jockey box for brew events.
Chris Harvey is organizing a PA commonwealth-wide homebrew club competition to be hosted on the second floor of the Federal Taphouse in downtown Harrisburg. This may be held on a Sunday, perhaps May 3rd, to avoid the high parking fees. He stated that most likely we will have a limit of 6 beers being served so we may want to have collab brews so that more of us are involved with the club offerings. It will be $25 for the general public which includes food and a glass and we are looking for an attendance of 250. Chris, please divulge all details when available as I’m sure that I’ve missed a few and this is your baby.
Please chime in if I may have missed some important points.
Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.
January 11, 2015 at 1:41 pm #609Heady BeerParticipant
2/19 might be a visit to Molly Pitcher. Zack will confirm this next meeting.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.