B-rad is checking in !

Home Forums Club Related Topics Member Profiles B-rad is checking in !

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Bmoyer0301
      Participant

I am addicted to craft beer hence why I wanted to start this club over a year ago.I am currently living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania with my wonderful wife and fun loving brew dogs Ollie and Squiggy both Boston Terriers. I guess you can say I’m a retired engineer by profession, beer geek as my alter ego.

So how exactly did I get into craft beer? I started my craft beer journey in college where I quickly found out there was way better options to drink than Natural Ice from a fraternity party keg. I began homebrewing my junior year thanks to a certain professor who taught more than just book smarts. Not only did he teach me how to homebrew, he also inspired me to write my undergraduate thesis on the craft beer industry which took my appreciation to a whole new level.

Upon graduation I worked weekdays as an engineer and weekends at Dogfish Head Craft Brewery in Milton, Delaware first as a tour guide and tasting room assistant then to brew house assistant. From there I made a huge change in my life and left my cushy engineering job to move back to Pennsylvania to become a brewer for Appalachian Brewing Co. in Harrisburg. The job had its up and downs but sadly it ultimately pushed me out the door due to unethical decisions being forced upon me.
      Presently I’m back in the homebrewing scene and enjoying being a beer geek again with no pressure of brewing as a day job. I look forward to working and learning along side of each and everyone of you. This is a super group with so much brewing diversity that we certainly can do anything we think of. If you ever need to get a hold of me my email is brad.moyer@gmail.com or just stop by the store I’m always there!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.