Club meeting Agenda

Home Forums Club Related Topics Club Meeting Notes & Voting Club meeting Agenda

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      tjsopcak
      Participant

Hey guys, I have created a first attempt at a club meeting agenda to provide us with some structure and stability to ensure that we stay on track with our mission to share recipes, brewing techniques and acquire much needed critical feedback. Along with the above, it provides us some structure to go about discussion of club events, finances, educational events, etc.

Please take some time to review and share your feedback. Also, please let me know what you think about us trying to begin such an agenda beginning next meeting. I’m not saying that my ideas are best for the club and expect revisions and feedback but had the hope of keeping us on track so that we all get exactly what we want out of SoA.

***Introductions – 5 mins max*** – For new members or members unable to attend for a while.

***Roundtable – 5 mins max per person*** – Each person has up to 5 mins to discuss the following:

– Questions
      – Concerns
      – Observations from recent brew sessions, reading, discussions, etc.

Used as a exploration and improvement of brewing process, understanding of ingredients, palate improvement, etc.

***Beer Sampling and feedback – 10 mins max per person [most likely 5 is adequate]***

Each person presents 1 beer at most to be observed by others for:

– Appearance
      – Aroma
      – Taste
      – Aroma again
      – Mouthfeel

Feedback will be given in as streamlined a process as possible so that side conversations are not started in order for the brewer to gather individual CRITICAL and HONEST feedback from the group used to extrapolate any possible improvements that could be made. The brewer sharing his offering may not like to share anything besides the style of the beer to receive unbiased feedback OR that person could share aspects that they liked and DISliked which may provide for more willingness of others to critique when knowing the brewer already proclaimed faults or aspects for improvement.

***Upcoming Events – 10-20 mins***

Discuss upcoming club activities such as:

– Ideas for club experiments
      – Brewing dates for members to join
      – Group brew events
      – Homebrew contests [either local or national]
      – Club Homebrew events to pour at
      – Charitable event which we can sponser as a hosting club for organizations such as Relay for Life, Cystic Fibrosis, etc.
      – Educational demonstrations for events such as National Homebrew Day or Big Brew Day
      – Testing experiments such as hop teas, fermentation experiments, water profile and tasting, etc.
      – Educational beer tours to breweries, wineries, distilleries, etc.
      – Outdoor cookouts

***Club fund spending – 10-20 mins***

Discuss our plan to use club funds.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.